Re: [ontolog-forum] Binary versus N-ary relations

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 16:22:25 -0400
> A property measurement example has two angles:    (01)

It appears that you are referring to a measurement series.  "A" (single)
"measurement" sounds like an individual data point, to me.    (02)

> The measurement process, in which various things are involved over time in
> different roles    (03)

> And the results of the measurements as follows:    (04)

> Object A <has property> T    (05)

> T <is classified as a> temperature    (06)

>From the below, it appears that T is an instance of a
time-vs-temperature-of-object graph.
A more semantic name than "T" would be
"TimeTemperatureGraphOfObjectA".    (07)

> When the value of T varies over time we can create a sequence of relations
> between T and numeric values on a scale, such as:    (08)

> T <has a value lower than> 50 C on t1    (09)

> T <has a value equal to> 50 C on t2    (010)

> T <has a value equal to> 51 C on t3    (011)

> Etc.    (012)

> Without the need to respecify the object A and the classification of T.    (013)

Since ObjectAsTimeTemperatureGraph is an object that has
one functional property that relates it to Object A and another
functional property that relates it to a specific temperature at
some defined times (and to no temperature at other times).    (014)