Re: [ontolog-forum] Some Grand Challenge proposal ironies

To: <pcmurray2000@xxxxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 19:54:49 -0700
Dear Phil,    (01)

You asked "would it be fair to say ..X."     (02)

and I respond "Yes or No, Depending, Maybe Both".
Which is my way of asking you to clarify X at a
higher definition please.      (03)

Given the ease of access to the public - you can
log on as anonymous if you please - the
operational definition of terms which can
certainly be formalized, but why would we want to
do so all at once?    (04)

The natural language usage has consistent clusters
of terminology that can be used to construct a
vocabulary for any class of patents you choose to
group.     (05)

Patents describe "methods" in reasonably good
pseudocode in their claim tree.  Patents also
describe "objects" or "apparatuses" that interact
with methods.  So formalizing the structure of
meaning in whatever way you choose to account for
empirical evidence is fine with me.    (06)

And I just like them.    (07)

-Rich    (08)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper