Re: [ontolog-forum] the Zachman Enterprise Ontology

To: <edbark@xxxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Jim Rhyne" <jrr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:30:25 -0700
Hi Ed,
I had lunch with John a couple of weeks ago. He's a very active and
inquisitive guy who started looking into semantic technology and decided
that what he had done could be called an "ontology". BTW he has traded his
beloved overhead projector for an iPad with a wrist strap - still scribbles
all over his charts.
The word "ontology" has had many definitions over the last couple of hundred
years. The one we tend to use today is the most recent.
Jim Rhyne
Thematix Partners    (01)