Re: [ontolog-forum] Self Interest Ontology

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 19:57:05 -0700

Self Interested Ontologists,

Perhaps the phylogenically attributed “virtues” (self sacrifice a la apoptosis, sexiness as viewed from the opposite gender, healthiness observables [power, wealth, generosity a la peacock displays…] as viewed from all genders …) are the ones at the top (nil end) of the lattice.  Ontogencially attributed virtues must be those that are actualized (a la Maslow) by individual selves evolving from the fertile egg that produced us.

Then the other factors in Doug’s ontology of self interest can be derived by specializing the phylogenic virtues.

Could that be the formulation which explains the top level, and still connects us all to the “same” species, each in our subjective individuality?

Questioningly,

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper