Re: [ontolog-forum] Semantics of Natural Languages

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 23:09:38 -0400
On 8/29/2011 10:44 PM, Rich Cooper wrote:
> I am certainly willing to openly listen to a
> proposal if you would like to make one.  While its
> true that small examples can only help us exercise
> our one microtheory, it seems too soon to go on to
> a fully realistic example, but I am willing to go
> along with considering one if you have something
> in mind.    (01)

I don't.  But maybe people who subscribe to Ontolog Forum
have some serious problems that they are actively working on
(or would like to work on if they had a suitable ontology).    (02)

As we have been discussing, the concept of self interest is
related to many issues in organizations.  Such organizations
would range in size from a family, to a tribe, to a country.    (03)

The original thread started with governments, but it could
just as well apply to businesses:  a "mom and pop" store,
a small business with a few dozen employees, or a large
multinational corporation.    (04)

> But what do you have in mind that would be big enough
> to justify funding for a startup in which we could
> take risks and get appropriate rewards for the
> effort and successful achievement of a goal?    (05)

Before we can consider forming a start-up company to solve
problems, we should try to find at least one problem that
we could solve -- or at least generate a draft of a proposal
for solving it.    (06)

Does anybody have any suggestions?    (07)