Re: [ontolog-forum] intangibles (was RE: Why most classifications are fu

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Avril Styrman" <Avril.Styrman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:05:44 +0300
Matthew,    (01)

my point is that modality gets easily very complex, and in order to
keep it understandable, we can commit to some naming conventions. The
first and the most obvious convention is that this world -let's call
it Universe- is the only world that exists in the concrete sense.
Everything that exists is a part of Universe, and every part of
universe is accessible to every other part of Universe, directly, or
through other parts of Universe. Even infinite chains of accessibility
are allowed.    (02)

Now, you can say that there might be other worlds that exist in the
concrete sense and are necessarily inaccessible to all parts of
Universe. But that is against the above naming convention. Although
other worlds could exist, the only utility of them for us is to
acknowledge that they could exist, and immediately after that commit
to the above naming convention.    (03)

I don't seen any better starting points to modality, can you?    (04)

-Avril    (05)