Re: [ontolog-forum] intangibles (was RE: Why most classifications are fu

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 08:32:18 +0100

Dear John,

Pat,

Possible worlds don't exist.  This  world is all we have.

MW: And your proof for that is...?

MW: I will grant you that we do not (currently at least) have access to other possible worlds, but that is a long way from them not existing. It is merely the case that we cannot prove whether they exist or not. We can of course show that we have representations of other possible worlds, just as we have representations of this world. It is sometimes worth remembering that in ontology we are only actually dealing with representations, even of this world.

Regards

Matthew West

Information  Junction

Tel: +44 1489 880185

Mobile: +44 750 3385279

Skype: dr.matthew.west

matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/

http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England and Wales No. 6632177.

Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.