Re: [ontolog-forum] Fact Guru, Controlled NLs, and OOR

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 19:34:51 -0400
Todd,     (01)

I also don't understand what you mean. I do think that natural language
semantics (and formal language semantics) is well-founded, as I've argued here,
though it is incomplete or rather, partial.     (02)

The formal pragmatics area, for example, is barely touched. Really there are
only first steps towards a pragmatics of formal languages yet, but folks do use
pragmas as indicators to compilers about intent. And of course agent
communication languages like KQML and ACL use speech act performatives (and
finite states which represent those).     (03)

Thanks,
Leo     (04)