Re: [ontolog-forum] knowledge fusion

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Schiffel, Jeffrey A" <jeffrey.a.schiffel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:19:04 -0600
Azamat wrote, "Although, classification/sorting/categorization is hardly among
a basic mental operation."    (01)

Except it is, if you assume mental operations are intended to let the organism
function in its environment.
This is cognition, which is both a personal and a social activity of the mind.
Perception leads to immediate action and memory formation. Memories are
associated, and concepts are formed. Concepts are used to construct mental
models of the world, and are revised as new information presents itself.    (02)

I don't think that WordNet does too much of that.    (03)

-- Jeff    (04)