Re: [ontolog-forum] the data mining craze

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 22:49:04 -0500
On 2/25/2011 6:28 PM, Stephen Young wrote:
> We actually characterised qwiki as the reverse wik.me <http://wik.me>
> when we first saw it ;-)  All style no substance.    (01)

I tried wik.me, and I found it much more useful than qwiki.
It's fun to try out qwiki once.  But I don't have the
slightest interest in using it for anything.    (02)

But I like the way wik.me provides a short paragraph
for the most likely hit and a good selection of other hits.    (03)

When wik.me can't find a good hit, it provides a much larger
selection of one-line possibilities on the first page than
Google does.  That's very useful.    (04)

> I'm frequently amazed by what captures (and fails to capture)
> the imagination of the technology pundit.    (05)

I'm not surprised at all.    (06)