Re: [ontolog-forum] 3D+1 (was presentism...was blah blah blah)

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Yu Lin <linikujp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:15:08 -0500
Hi, Waclaw,    (01)

I think I might be wrong in using the symbol here.    (02)

If you state that C(c,t) = C@t(c) and it means: c at time t is
instance of C. I think there is no big difference between what in our
mind.    (03)

When you say :">     c1 (is instance at t) of C",
it seems that you denied that c1 as an instance has no timestamp.
Can I infer from  "c1 (is instance at t) of C" to say that, c1 (is
instance at t2) of C2?    (04)

Back to Pat's statement:
2. Attach it to the relation as an extra argument, and call the
relation a 'fluent': R(a, b, t) This gives you the classical AI/KR
approach which used to be called the situation calculus, where one
quantifies over times in the KR language itself, but the object terms
are still thought of as denoting 3D rather than 4D entities. Call this
3D+1.
--- what the t denotes is not clear here.    (05)

And you given R@t(a,b), which is clearer than above,
dose it mean that:
1. at time t1, there is a R between a and b is true.
2. at time t2, there is a R' between a and b is also true.?    (06)

Thanks,
Asiyah    (07)