Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology of Rough Sets

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:28:14 -0500 (EST)
>> Your reference, ``"time" is a means of labeling "alternative possible
>> worlds"'', suggested to me that such "possible worlds" could (not
>> "must")
>> be mapped into contexts.  I am not suggesting that you intended this.
>>
>> One can reason about relationships among multiple possible worlds
>> by stepping outside those worlds.  One can reason about relationships
>> among multiple contexts by stepping outside those contexts.
>
> Honestly, I have no idea what you mean here by a 'context'. I would be
> interested to know what you do mean. (One of my hobbies is collecting
> senses of the word "context". So far I have about 25 of them. :-)    (01)

I was thinking of "context" in the Cyc sense of #$Microtheory.  A set of
statements describes a situation -- possibly jurisdictional, spatial,
temporal, economic or political framework, etc. -- and the statements
within the microtheory/context specify what is true within that situation.    (02)

Such a "context" can be atemporal or temporal.  It can be spatial or
aspatial.    (03)

-- doug foxvog    (04)

> Pat Hayes
>

>> -- doug foxvog
>>
>>> Pat Hayes
> IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973
> phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (05)

doug foxvog    doug@xxxxxxxxxx   http://ProgressiveAustin.org    (06)

"I speak as an American to the leaders of my own nation. The great
initiative in this war is ours. The initiative to stop it must be ours."
    - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.