Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology of Rough Sets

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Leal <david.leal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 08:21:17 +0000
At 08:04 25/01/2011, Pat Hayes wrote:
>And I guess I have to defer to you when it comes to databases. But
>then I wonder why there has ever been a notion of, for example, a
>temporal database? After all, if database classes can change with
>time, why do we need to do anything special to make them 'temporal' ?    (01)

My point in raising the history of data bases in the engineering
analysis and testing community, was that there are many ways of
recording variations with respect to time and space, and that some
seem to work better than others. In this community, treating spatial
and temporal variation in the same way seems to work well.    (02)

Best regards,
David    (03)

David Leal
CAESAR Systems Limited
registered office: 29 Somertrees Avenue, Lee, London SE12 0BS
registered in England no. 2422371
tel:      +44 (0)20 8857 1095
mob:      +44 (0)77 0702 6926
e-mail:   david.leal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx