Re: [ontolog-forum] Oooh, FOL is too hard to learn.

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:07:59 -0700 (PDT)
David,

I did refer to "One" in context of numbers.  A number is considered a mathematical object, because it has physical representation.  I think it is like a pointer, a cursor to the real things and each number is an unique identifier.

  If you are referring to Hilberts problems - the list of 23 problems ...  Well some of them are  still being solved.

My writing is just an example of layers of abstraction among the first three areas of mathematics.  ( Stating the obvious for computer science folks).   Mathematics was first subject used to develop layers of abstraction.

Wikipedia says Mathematics is the study of quantity, structure,space and change .. and Mathematical subject classification has a long list...  with four levels.   The first level has 97 topics.

Mathematics can be traced back to pre historic times ( if there is such thing) and is  ancient compare to Internet Era...   Vast formalized knowledge that our ancestors have left behind..   We do not really tap into many of the complex areas of math in everyday programming for business..   Only in scientific programmers use  some of them ..

Lets get back to current times.. Object Oriented abstraction modeling concepts gives more of a grasp of real world and things and relationships without having to use painful cryptic difficult part of mathematics and deductions all the time.  Because things do exist in the environment,  ( keep it simple use the sense,  use your eyes to see..)  but OO is still 3D ( in my humble opinion) and not 4D .  I am not really sure about the 4D part of it yet..

Regards,
Pavithra