Re: [ontolog-forum] Oooh, FOL is too hard to learn.

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Simon Spero <ses@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:58:39 -0400
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 5:52 PM, John F. Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ian, Rich, Pavithra, Adrian, Chris M, Ed, Chris P, and Ali,

Common Logic has no preferred concrete notation of any kind. Any notation you prefer is, for you, a first-class CL notation.

I was reading the CL spec in the bath this morning, and I'm pretty sure that it marks the XML notation (XCL) as being the preferred/recommended  concrete syntax.

[checks]

 ISO/IEC 24707:2007(E), P 23 Annex A [CLIF],  Section A.1:
[...] The Recommended Common Logic interchange notation is based on XML, a stanard which was not available when KIF was originally designed.

 ISO/IEC 24707:2007(E), P 54 Annex C  [XCL],  Section C.1:
"XCL is an XML notation for Common Logic.  It is the intended interchange language for communication Common Logic across a network".

Simon