Re: [ontolog-forum] HOL decidability [Was:using SKOSforcontrolledvalues

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:59:33 -0700

Then why are you posting?

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper

EnglishLogicKernel.com

Rich AT EnglishLogicKernel DOT com

9 4 9 \ 5 2 5 - 5 7 1 2

From: ontolog-forum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ontolog-forum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christopher Menzel
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 12:58 PM
To: [ontolog-forum]
Subject: Re: [ontolog-forum] HOL decidability [Was:using SKOSforcontrolledvalues for controlledvocabulary]

I think Ron Wheeler's point was that, just as your personal notion of iteration is irrelevant to Gödel's theorem, so its relevance to Ontology Engineering is, at best, less than clear.  If I am reading him correctly (and perhaps I'm not), he was questioning whether continued discussion of your notion is a good use of ontolog bandwidth.

-chris