Re: [ontolog-forum] HOL decidability [Was: using SKOS for controlled val

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:45:24 -0700

Thanks Ali,

I’m sure Chris has several kinds of justification for his rude behavior, but I really don’t care much what his vocabulary is if he can’t be civil.  It is usually a waste of energy to try to communicate with him, and I should have known better than to try.  When he has his mind made up, no light enters regardless of the facts.

I use terminology that fits my needs, and though Chris (and apparently you) have subscribed to a specific terminology you are comfortable with, that isn’t the only way people talk about things like this.  If he can’t translate my terminology into his own, then he is the worse for it.

Again, I present the case that all meaning is subjective, terminology is not standard for any such narrow field among the general population, and rudeness is not excusable behavior.

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper

EnglishLogicKernel.com