Re: [ontolog-forum] Semantic Enterprise Architecture

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Rick Murphy <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:09:00 -0400

http://bit.ly/9mvwE8    (02)

> RM>  Our most promising work extended well beyond model driven
>   >  architecture and the semantic web, though we did a LOT of that.
>   >  The Information Flow Framework, Category Theory and Goguen and
>   >  Burstall's Institutions became part of the core team's understanding.
>
> This is combining "the primitives and the space cadets".
>    (03)

Funny.  Maybe its different for me because I still write code every day,
but I'm optimistic about the topics above because of the tools I have
available. Today, they aren't so far out of reach thanks in large part
to folks at U Bremen (Hets), U. Cambridge (Isabelle) and MSR (Haskell).    (04)

> RM>  Thankfully, we placed some of our work in an open source repository
>   >  so others could take advantage of the tax dollars that funded this
>   >  effort.
>   >
>   >  http://osera.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/osera/
>
> Sourceforge is notorious for downloads with no explanation of what
> on earth might be downloaded.  I clicked on a README that said
>
>   >  Revision 63  - (view) (download) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
>   >  Added Mon Dec 17 21:31:28 2007 UTC (2 years, 8 months ago) by
>   >  rickmurphy  File length: 74 byte(s)  p3 adjustment
>
> This is not helpful.
>    (05)

We were not good at that, but I'm available to answer questions. They
were my tax dollars too.    (06)

> RM>  As I reflect on those five amazing years and what has followed
>   >  since, I am resolved to follow the truth instead of a trend and
>   >  thankful that the government has a leader in George Thomas.
>
> That's nice.  But is there any documentation that can tell us
> what George Thomas did?    (07)

There is some documentation in the archive organized by project, program
and platform. Like most open source projects, most of the knowledge is
embedded in the artifacts.
> Where did he lead the government?    (08)

George is still leading the government. We can thank him (or not) for
getting the Semantic Web included in data.gov.    (09)

I will punish him on your behalf when I see him next.    (010)

> And speaking of governments, David Mott from IBM UK sent some
> notes to the Common Logic email list about his work with a US, UK,
> International Technical Alliance, which seems to be doing something
> that might be relatable, if anybody would ever get around to relating
> anything.  Following is a list of publications:
>
>      http://www.usukita.org/papers/ita_tech_papers.html
>
> At this point, you can hear the Monty Python music, a large foot
> stomping down, "And now for something completely different...."
>    (011)

Yes the argument clinic ...    (012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM    (013)

BTW - Nice to see CL included in recent Hets distro.    (014)

--
Rick    (015)