Re: [ontolog-forum] Integrating Semantic Systems

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 22:02:17 +0300
John,
Read the opening pages, but only glancing at the whole document. Some
general comments and suggestions about key notions, semantics, semantic
systems, interopereability, information traffic, which might be useful to
better your good content:
1. Interoperability ranges from railways to medical technologies to
telecommunication systems to business processes to software systems and to
human organizations.
2. Semantics is concerned with the semantic interoperability and integration
of all communicating entities.
3. Machine semantics is about computable semantic interoperability among
computer systems.
4. Semantic systems are about (intelligent) computing machines using general
semantic interoperability model.
5. Semantic interoperability implies syntactic interoperability dealing with
data formats and common protocols, and KR languages (as XML, SQL, RDF, OWL,
and other FOL-like standards)
6. Information traffic is going to YB level
"In 2008, Americans ...Consumption totaled 3.6 zettabytes and 10,845
trillion words, corresponding to 100,500 words and 34 gigabytes for an
average person on an average day." How Much Information? 2009 Report on
American Consumers.
7. General Semantic Interoperability Standard implies Standard Foundation
Ontology.
Last not least, the Related Reading is good to widen to all key directions
Azamat Abdoullaev
http://www.standardontology.com