Re: [ontolog-forum] Integrating Semantic Systems

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:58:36 -0400
Adrian,    (01)

Thanks for the comments.    (02)

AW> If you feel it's appropriate, I'd suggest for slide 92:
>
> An extremely difficult, still unsolved problem:
> . Translate English specifications to executable programs    (03)

That slide was talking about automatically translating unrestricted
English to COBOL or other programming language.  As an example of
typical English spec's, see slide 93.    (04)

AW> For a useful step in this direction, Google "Executable English"    (05)

As I said before, EE can be useful for some human who wants to write
some executable code that is easy to read.  But EE does not enable
a spec written in the style of slide 93 to become executable.    (06)