Re: [ontolog-forum] Practical onomastics...

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ed - 0x1b, Inc." <ontolog@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 11:51:31 -0700
um, this is for fun right?    (01)

so. Lead Robot has a day to order and receive the box, review the
quality of it's contents, fix the invoice if need be, and get to work.
Work consists of breaking the aggregated box of test tubes. Um, poor
choice of words, Lead Robot needs to pick each individual tube,
evaluate it's condition, name it(UUID), and chip it. (I went for the
ultra plush RFID naming budget with loose parts* add-on) The Lead
Robot should then put the tubes where the other robots can get to
them** - or just give the best new test tube to it's favorite Other
Robot like the rest of us.... um    (02)

*RFID can be used for locating the ones that role under the table,
after which tube condition should be updated to "needs cleaning" - and
yes we recycle, tubes & UUIDs & chips & stuff in tubes (see Crusher
Robot 3000 task list)
** pick one direction for the value chain to pull for the whole lab
and you will be happier - demand pull in this example. Lead Robot only
worries if it needs another box of tubes, and Other Robot n+1 will
thank you. keep as ignorant as possible for as long as possible -
words to live by.    (03)

hypotheticals may be fun. thx    (04)