Re: [ontolog-forum] Re Foundation ontology, CYC, and Mapping

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:49:10 -0500
Ron,    (01)

JFS>> What I am proposing, as I have said many times, is a lattice of
 >> theories -- or at least a finite subset (hierarchy) of theories
 >> that have actually been defined and stored in a repository).    (02)

RW> Are these ideas sufficiently well-formed that we could start to
 > talk about the metadata required to support the lattice?    (03)

The theoretical foundation has been well formed for over 80 years.
I've been gathering material from recent discussions on Ontolog Forum
for the report that I had hoped to post on my web site last week.    (04)

I'll lead a discussion about that report at the session from 3:45
to 5:15 at the end of the Ontology Summit on Tuesday.    (05)

I'll post a draft of that report very soon.    (06)