Re: [ontolog-forum] Re Foundation ontology, CYC, and Mapping

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:50:51 -0600
On Mar 10, 2010, at 1:35 AM, Matthew West wrote:
> [Duane wrote:]
>> For the second of these (conflicts when the same concept is represented by
>different types), can you elaborate a couple of examples (no hurry).  I just
>want to make sure I have a good idea of this.
>
> MW: Well I guess representing something that exists in space-time as a 3D or
>4D individual would count.    (01)

I don't think it's that subtle -- moreover, I don't think I would count your
interesting example as a case of the same concept being represented by
different types (or whatever), since it doesn't seem to me that "3D-individual"
and "4D-individiual" *are* the same concept.  I think all they have in mind are
cases where the same concept is indicated by different type *names*, e.g.,
"woodchuck" and "groundhog".    (02)

-chris    (03)