[ontolog-forum] Proceedings: Ontolog invited speaker session - Adam Chey

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "sean barker" <sean.barker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 15:53:57 -0000
+1
Sean Barker, Bristol
Peter Yim wrote
"We had, earlier today (Thursday 25-Feb-2010), one of the most exciting
applications-oriented sessions at the Ontolog Forum. Our invited
speakers, Dr. Tom Gruber and Mr. Adam Cheyer, made a presentation and
demonstration on their Siri - Virtual Personal Assistant product, in a
talk entitled: "Siri: An Ontology-driven Application for the Masses."
... I, for one, was totally blown away by the way they had architected
and implemented this immensely complex mash-up of, practically, all
the state-of-the-art technologies associated with human-computer
interaction, ontology engineering, semantics, speech recognition,
service-oriented computing, cloud infrastructure, ... etc. the list
just goes on and on.    (01)

A huge "Thank You" goes out to Mr. Cheyer and Dr. Gruber for this
great session. We appreciate your sharing with us, not just your
product, but also the thoughts that went into the design, and some of
the work under the hood."