[ontolog-forum] Proceedings: Ontolog invited speaker session - Adam Chey

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 21:04:20 -0800
We had, earlier today (Thursday 25-Feb-2010), one of the most exciting
applications-oriented sessions at the Ontolog Forum. Our invited
speakers, Dr. Tom Gruber and Mr. Adam Cheyer, made a presentation and
demonstration on their Siri - Virtual Personal Assistant product, in a
talk entitled: "Siri: An Ontology-driven Application for the Masses."
... I, for one, was totally blown away by the way they had architected
and implemented this immensely complex mash-up of, practically, all
the state-of-the-art technologies associated with human-computer
interaction, ontology engineering, semantics, speech recognition,
service-oriented computing, cloud infrastructure, ... etc. the list
just goes on and on.    (01)

A huge "Thank You" goes out to Mr. Cheyer and Dr. Gruber for this
great session. We appreciate your sharing with us, not just your
product, but also the thoughts that went into the design, and some of
the work under the hood. And as always, we want to thank all the
participants who joined us at the event, and their contribution to the
very interesting Q&A that followed the presentation.    (02)

Full proceedings (including slides, in-session chat-transcript and the
audio recording) of the session has now been captured onto our session
page,
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2010_02_25    (03)

This work by Adam, Tom and their Team at Siri is easily one of the
most compelling examples of the possibilities and promise that
ontology-driven technology will be able to bring us in the future. The
archive session is contributing yet another significant piece in the
collective body of knowledge that this community is building together.
 ... So, thank you, once again, Adam, Tom and Your Team, for the great
work, and the inspiring presentation.    (04)

Best regards. =ppy    (05)

Peter Yim
Co-convener, ONTOLOG