Re: [ontolog-forum] Software as art, metrics, etc. (was: MVC)

To: edbark@xxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Bennett <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:24:25 +0000
That is a great description of what engineering is. When I first started
work as an electronic engineer, it was a given that one could expect to
spend a small amount of one's working day actually soldering resistors
into boards and calculating h parameters and the like; the rest is
engineering, that is connecting the clever stuff we do with the
generation of business value at minimum risk to life and property.    (01)

For some reason, this is not beaten into people who learn software
engineering, in the same way it is beaten into the rest of us who
pursued a career in turning stuff we enjoyed doing into engineering.    (02)

Mike    (03)

--
Mike Bennett
Director