Re: [ontolog-forum] MVC (was: Defining UML in Common Logic)

To: edbark@xxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:47:49 -0800
> It does not surprise me that this pattern is not well-known by most
> V-Basic and many Java programmers, who, for the most part don't read
> anything written before 1992, and I am happy to see it published as a
> best practice at a site they might actually read.  Among other
> things, it is rather too bad that Windows didn't and doesn't use this
> pattern.  Linux does, because Berkeley Unix of the late 1980s did.    (01)

I daresay every contemporary programmer involved in either graphical or
Web user interfaces is quite familiar with the original MVC pattern as
well as some newer variations on it. They may or may not know a lot
about its history (I only knew about the part back to PARC), but if you
were in a job interview and claimed you could do GUIs or Web UIs and
didn't know what MVC was (beyond just knowing the name and what the
letters stood for), you'd wash out immediately.    (02)

> -Ed    (03)

Randall Schulz    (04)