Re: [ontolog-forum] Foundation ontology, CYC, and Mapping

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:33:15 -0500
Longer than 10 lines please summarize on the wiki.    (01)

This forum seems to be an example of life before the invention of writing.
We sit around the campfire exchanging ideas in a form which is
reminiscent of traditional verbal life.
We hope that everyone eventually comes to a common tradition of
ontological understanding through repetition as each newcomer arrives.    (02)

With the invention of writing and books, humans began to have more
efficient ways to record and transmit knowledge.
Can we get to that level in this forum before we get too far behind the
rest of the world?    (03)

Lets start documenting what we believe as a group in a permanent form.
With modern technology we can document common beliefs, dissent and open
questions.    (04)

Ron    (05)