Re: [ontolog-forum] Foundation ontology, CYC, and Mapping

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 20:26:32 +0200
On Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:12 PM, Patrick Cassidy wrote:
> Chris,
>   Thanks for the comment below. It's a relief to see that at least some of
> the participants in this list do not share the misinterpretations of what
> I have been saying about the FO.  Try as I might to be unambiguous,
> bizarre distortions of my comments seem to provoke irate replies.
It is not a big secret that i am in close sympathy with Pat's position. And
i have terrible feelings of guilt: being currently unable to assist him in
realizing the truth, validity and value of standard ontology and semantics.
I couldn't track the Forum activity but only occasionally, being assigned
with a megaproject, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaproject, involving the
building of a semantic interoperability platform for an Intelligent
Community combining three key types of intelligence: individual, collective,
and computational. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_city.
Judging on what i managed to digest, I have to agree with Pat, the level of
criticism of such an unexampled innovation is rather dull and dispiriting.
Allow me to repeat the same hint:
"While the Forum is hotly discussing if the Foundation Ontology and Semantic
Interoperability are valid concepts, the EU set up the Semantic
Interoperability Center Europe, http://www.semic.eu/semic/.
Moreover, the European Interoperability Framework, how administrations,
businesses and citizens intercommunicate with each other within the EU and
across Member States borders, has been ratified by the European Parliament.
The innovative thought is supposed to lead the action."
Azamat Abdoullaev
PS: we are ready for a long-term cooperation with the ontology/semantics/web
consultants able to advise about the Semantic Interoperability Platform for
Intelligent Eco-City. For more details, suggest an offline communication.