Re: [ontolog-forum] Foundation ontology, CYC, and Mapping

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Rob Freeman <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:53:43 +1300
David,    (01)

A little addendum to that.    (02)

As a concrete example.    (03)

You say you would like to see a mathematical model that "proves":    (04)

"pound -->  [mathematical proof]  -->  lb"    (05)

As I say something which asserts such a relationship between labels
would not be desirable.    (06)

On the other hand, given a set, such as:    (07)

{186, 155, 140, 190, 166, ...}    (08)

I'll warrant you could make that mapping at will. In exactly, and
only, the cases where it was "meaningful". (And find all the computer
programs which use those terms, every computational reference, in only
the relevant "meaningful" ways, to boot.)    (09)

There might be some cross-talk between data sets, but I'm sure you
could reduce that to arbitrarily small levels, with a large enough
set.    (010)

-Rob    (011)