Re: [ontolog-forum] Foundation ontology, CYC, and Mapping -4D?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 17:46:24 -0800 (PST)

From what I know,  Ontology deals with spacial related concepts upto 3D.

 However there is need to take temporal or time related concepts into consideration.  So temporal ( time) inclusion makes it 4D.

In Enterprise architecture, When developing  future (to be)  architecture of businesses and systems and organization, one has to take time interval into consideration and the I have seen 4D concepts based on projections for future..
 For example, just taking years into consideration while developing ontology  for the same object - 2012 vs 2015 etc while projecting the solutions. Further example:   In 2012 - it may be Ontology for  unman space shuttle vs 2016 - 2 people navigated space shuttle !

Hope that clarifies the 4D concept!