Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology development method

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:27:28 +0000
John

I think that *ideology* is the main obstacle that has strangled
innovation in the SW.

what I noticed is that much of the thinking (setting aside the ideology point) is done by computer scientists
while in my view sw  challenges are  not striclty CS per se

Information Management dont particularly count as scientist either,

On top of that 'social 'science is not taken into account

a bit like having a team of only civil engineers, and no architects/ planners

while its' true that infrastructure is really really important, we would not want our cities to be
run and governed solely by plumbers and electricians

 If anybody whispers that JSON might be better
than RDF, the SW thought police immediately exile them from the empire.

do you have evidence to that effect?

  But just compare two groups that both started at Stanford around the same time:

Agreed that comparing google with protege to measure success of the latter does not seem fair
its a different ball game, isnt it ?:-)

PDM