Re: [ontolog-forum] ANN: GoodRelations Annotator 2.0 + New Webcast

To: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Martin Hepp (UniBW)" <martin.hepp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 20:22:26 +0100
Dear John:    (01)

The GoodRelations Annotator is a tool that helps any business in the
World create a self-description of its profile in RDFa using the
GoodRelations ontology, which you can then publish via your own Web page
(or do with it whatever you want).    (02)

What the tool does is soliciting this type of information in a manner
familiar to business owners and translating it into a pretty complex RDF
graph.    (03)

The benefit of publishing such rich meta-data is that available and
upcoming ontology-based search services, including Yahoo SearchMonkey,
will be able to find that business. The tool only makes it simpler to
create such data structures because we found that average audiences
would often not be willing to do the manual modeling, e.g. as described in    (04)

- the GoodRelations Primer:
http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/primer/    (05)

- or the ISWC GoodRelations Tutorial, Part 3:
http://www.slideshare.net/mhepp/iswc-goodrelations-tutorial-part-3    (06)

You know that I have the highest respect for your work, and it was
influential to my education in conceptual modeling. I fail to see,
however, why helping people to populate one of the few serious Web
ontologies could be anywhere near the four letter word used in your mail.    (07)

Best    (08)

Martin    (09)

John F. Sowa wrote:
> Dear Martin,
>
> I clicked on the URL in your message, and it sent me to a long
> query form that asked me to fill out all sorts of information
> about my business.
>
> That is typical of business SPAM.  It is not typical of
> R & D people who are sharing information.
>
> John

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen    (011)

e-mail:  hepp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
         http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:   mfhepp
twitter: mfhepp    (012)

=================================================================    (013)

Project page:
http://purl.org/goodrelations/    (014)

Resources for developers:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations    (015)

Webcasts:
Overview - http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/
How-to   - http://vimeo.com/7583816    (016)

Recipe for Yahoo SearchMonkey:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations_and_Yahoo_SearchMonkey    (017)

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009:
"Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"
http://www.slideshare.net/mhepp/semantic-webbased-ecommerce-the-goodrelations-ontology-1535287    (018)

Overview article on Semantic Universe:
http://www.semanticuniverse.com/articles-semantic-web-based-e-commerce-webmasters-get-ready.html    (019)

Tutorial materials:
ISWC 2009 Tutorial: The Web of Data for E-Commerce in Brief: A Hands-on
Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/Web_of_Data_for_E-Commerce_Tutorial_ISWC2009    (020)