Re: [ontolog-forum] Just What Is an Ontology, Anyway?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John Bottoms <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:23:55 -0400
Rich,    (01)

Sounds reasonable. After all, I can point to a set of
encyclopedias on the shelf and say, "That's my encyclopedia".
But in what way is it more than just 32 bindings A-Z?
There definitely is a sense in which an ontology is just a
set of leather bound books...at least for some. My interests
go beyond that.    (02)

-John Bottoms
Concord, MA    (03)

Rich Cooper wrote:    (04)