Re: [ontolog-forum] The DIKW Hierarchy issue(s)

To: edbark@xxxxxxxx
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Toby Considine <Toby.Considine@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:20:37 -0400
Good question. I had it rattling around in my head one day, and searched until I got the formulation below - which I cannot find today.

I did find, however, the following Druckerisms on this common them of his

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all. "

“Doing the right thing is more important than doing the thing right”

“Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.”

      “The successful person places more attention on doing the right thing rather than doing things right.”

and, for ontology:

“The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said.”

Drucker was a human quote factory, and there are thousands of site quoting him. I should have gone back to reading his work instead of relying on the web.