Re: [ontolog-forum] Next steps in using ontologies as standards

To: <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 21:04:12 +0200
Ian,
Being a bit infected with your enthusiasm, i tried to see what kind of beast
this BORO Reference Ontologies might be, just to find out that they all
under construction: http://www.boroprogram.org/boro_program/ront.htm.
Still i have an impression the approach is dealing with an extensional model
of things, looking only for the framework of basic particulars. Besides,
particulars and individuals should be distinguished; for only a particular
is an instance of a universal, while the individual is the continuing
entity, like as a person or material thing.    (01)

Azamat Abdoullaev
http://www.eis.com.cy    (02)