Re: [ontolog-forum] FW: Next steps in using ontologies as standards

To: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Francis McCabe <frankmccabe@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 08:28:32 -0800
If there are no primitive symbols, then all you have a network of
relationships. For that to be useful, there has to be a way of
relating the network to the Real World™. One might imagine that it is
straightforward to 'link' a symbol to a feature of the RW; but
relating a sub-graph to a feature sounds more challenging.    (01)

On Jan 12, 2009, at 7:26 AM, Pat Hayes wrote:    (02)