Re: [ontolog-forum] Axiomatic ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rob Freeman" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 14:31:30 +0800
Pat and Azamat: Thanks for your comments.    (01)

Pat: What suggested to me there might be a relationship between gauge
theories in physics, Category Theory in maths, and semantics is their
common preoccupation with indeterminacy.    (02)

Rick: Thanks for those Category Theory/semantics refs. Great! I hadn't
come across Goguen's work. You haven't seen anything relating Category
Theory with geometric theories in physics have you?    (03)

Once again, of the three: probabilistic/random, geometric, and
many-body, I prefer the many-body approach. Prob./random etc,
geometric models just say things are indeterminate (and reason on that
basis?), the many-body approach presents an explanation why things are
indeterminate.    (04)

-Rob    (05)