Re: [ontolog-forum] Data Models v. Ontologies (again)

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Len Yabloko" <lenya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 04:18:57 +0000
Ed    (01)

EB>... we do know how to get a business's data into a
manageable, reliable repository that supports its applications. And
doing that takes analysis and design and development and verification
and testing. That is why we call ourselves "engineers".    (02)

Yes, that is what I suspected when saying that you don't appreciate the
intellectual challenge. Some 100 years ago Hamilton said something like that
about mathematics. Only he new much more about mathematics.
The only problem then was to arrange what is already known into a system. And
why not - Newton did that in mechanics, Mendeleev - in chemistry. Do you wonder
why they could not simply "model knowledge"?    (03)

Len Yabloko, Owner/CEO
Next Generation Software
www.ontospace.net    (04)

Len Yabloko, Owner/CEO