Re: [ontolog-forum] Data Models v. Ontologies (again)

To: "Len Yabloko" <lenya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Barker, Sean (UK)" <sean.barker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:53:47 +0100

Len    (01)

        Thanks. I guess I would formulate the "common ground" as
entailing an identity transformation, and say the problem is verifying
(automatically) that the identity is the correct transformation.     (02)

        The alternative is component reuse - though I'm not sure if
ontologies give an advantage over data model component reuse.    (03)

Sean Barker
BAE SYSTEMS - Advanced Technology Centre
Bristol, UK
+44(0) 117 302 8184    (04)

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered Office: Warwick House, PO Box 87, Farnborough Aerospace
Centre, Farnborough, Hants, GU14 6YU, UK
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687     (05)