Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontolog IPR issues

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 16:05:14 -0700
Jess,    (01)

Big difference, legally (I believe) ...    (02)

* there is no IPR for Public Domain material    (03)

however,    (04)

* for "open source" or "open content" material, the IPR is owned by
its creator who has agreed to licensing that material for use by
others in accordance with the terms of the specific License that is
applicable. ... by the way, the IPR owner is actually allowed to dual
license the material - i.e. put the same material under a different,
say a proprietary license, at the same time.    (05)

I'd rather consult a professional ( ... I have a feeling your opinion
may not be consistent with how the law is intrepreted, Jess.)    (06)

Regards.  =ppy