Re: [ontolog-forum] what is open ontology?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 07:33:01 -0700
Hello Paola,    (01)

> The first point that I need to clear up is:  ' what is open ontology', I
> think having an idea of what different people mean by 'open ontology', ...    (02)

[ppy]  I noticed that you have just subscribed to the
[ontology-summit] list. Going through the discussion there that have
transpired over the last few months would help expose what various
contributors have said on the  subject so far.    (03)

For "open," you might want to take a look at the thread initiated by
Fabian Neuhaus starting from:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-03/msg00012.html    (04)

As for "ontology," we are taking the inclusive approach from last year
(OntologySummit2007) to embrace all ontology-related artifacts along
the entire ontology spectrum.    (05)

Regards.  =ppy