Re: [ontolog-forum] Knowledge 2008

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Michael F Uschold" <uschold@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:42:50 -0800
I wonder also, what the particular niche is for this knowledge map, as opposed to others. For example, we used to have the Yahoo Taxonomy (maybe it is still used?), and we now have DMOZ which is a directory to web pages, and now we have yet another.

Important questions are:
  • who is this intended for?
  • under what circumstances is it ideal and why?
  • how does is compare to other similar resources?
Michael