Re: [ontolog-forum] Time representation

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: <matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:45:36 -0000
Dear John,    (01)

> But any project that used any of those languages would have to
> adopt some standard representation for times and dates, and
> the ontology would also have to include axioms that stated any
> default assumptions about granularity.    (02)

There is an ISO standard for the representation of time, ISO 8601.
I commend its use, rather than coming up with something else.    (03)

Regards    (04)

Matthew West
Reference Data Architecture and Standards Manager
Shell International Petroleum Company Limited
Registered in England and Wales
Registered number: 621148
Registered office: Shell Centre, London SE1 7NA, United Kingdom    (05)

Tel: +44 20 7934 4490 Mobile: +44 7796 336538
Email: matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.shell.com
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (06)