[ontolog-forum] Ontology Applications Forum

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Gruninger <gruninger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:15:54 -0400
Hello everyone,    (01)

As Program Co-Chair for the Formal Ontology and Information Systems
Conference to be held next year, I was hoping to be able to incorporate a
workshop that would be an Ontology Applications Forum.    (02)

This would be a workshop related to actual ontology implementations or
ontology tools.  Rather than a traditional workshop, this could consist
primarily of demos, similar to the developer forums at a lot of ISO
meetings.
It would allow people to present their ontology tools and other
implementations
that apply ontologies, and would facilitate discussions about challenges
facing people who want to build ontology tools or implementations based
on ontologies.    (03)

Here's the catch -- we need one or two people who would be responsible
for coordinating such a forum.    (04)

We can include the call for participation in the general conference
announcement, but the forum coordinators would be responsible for the
selection of participants (as with any workshop) and the detailed schedule
for the day.    (05)

Is there sufficient interest in organizing such an Ontology Applications
Forum?
If so, are there any volunteers for coordinators?    (06)

- michael    (07)