Re: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer pizza (was ckae)

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 01:05:10 +0300
Concord with Mills Davis on this point:
Formal ''Logic is just a tool'', an art, at best, a formal science. It
neither increases knowledge nor discoverying new truths of reality nor
developing the sciences nor opening new arguments and demonstrations, as it
was observed by Bacon, Descartes and Galileo. If the logic discovers truths,
only those depending on meanings (of terms). It is rather critical than
productive instrument.
So any real reasoning, above logical consistency and rules of valid
inference,  asks for the knowledge of reality, the real significance, matter
and content of the formal elements of a  discourse about something (terms,
propositions, and inferences)    (01)

But, in its highest sense, like ontology, logic has an unlimited scope,
concerning with the formal parts of discourse about anything. In its
ultimate sense, there is one universal logic common to all the sciences and
knowledge branches, exemplified as philosophical logic, epistemic logic,
doxastic logic, deontic logic, scientific logic, inductive logic,
mathematical logic, physical logic, political logic, etc.
Such a common logic exists as an inherent part in a unified formal ontology,
considering the being of everything which exists, changes and relates.    (02)

Azamat Abdoullaev    (03)