Re: [ontolog-forum] Mapping Ontolog Events [keywords} {tags]

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 22:45:11 +0700
Deborah    (01)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?FrameworkKeywords    (02)

I have started off some keywords, apologies for poor wiki editing
(need some help there, I use wysiwyg wikis...)    (03)

,>>>can views also  be shown Ex:    (04)

I suggest that we find a set of keywords to describe to each view
and that the authors of the documents help us by selecting an initial
set of keywords    (05)

for example, the term views is in the initial set of keywords from the framework
my idead is that under views, we have    (06)

--------- keywords for view a
----------keyword for view b
etc    (07)

when the keywords intersevct, we have a multidimensional map taking
shape, at lest we hope
this can be represented by a multifacet categorization (words) as well
as by some kind of visual support (topic map)    (08)

just ideas! feel free to evolve...    (09)

GET KEYWORDS FOR THESE?
> - Representation of Ontological Assessments - Denise Bedford (10HO)
> - Ontology Spectrum Gruninger, Lehmann, McGuinnness, Uschold, Welty
> - Ontology Dimensions Map (10OD) Breakout Group-Z / 2007.04.23 (10RX)    (010)

> Also, can threads with full discussions back up the keywords to explain
> where the words are coming from, whether they are widely accepted or a point
> of contention?
Well, the reason why the framework is a good starting point is because
we have all
to some extend 'accepted it' -    (011)

Other suggestions: shall we suggest that everyone please add tag to
your stoffe (post or anything used on the wiki) using any word from
the framework keyword set, after we clean it up?    (012)

cheers    (013)

PDM    (014)

> [...]
> > To make a list of tags to associate with our resources
> > Such list should be structured and should reflect where possible the
> framework
> > Such list should also serve as possible launch pad for new ideas to be
> > incorporated in the framework at a later date (keywords not in the
> > framework can be used )
> > The purpose of the list of tags is to start forming a semantic
> > structure against which we can map existing and forthcoming resources
> > Quality of the list: The terms used should be unambiguos and well defined
> > We can use synonyms where more than one choice of term is possible
> > The keywords produced on this list can be used/merged with other related
> efforts
> > This project shall end when we have enough keywords to map our
> > resources against our domain (likely to remain ongoin)
> >
> > Deliverables
> > ---------------------
> > a set of keyterms mapped around the framework
> >
> > Suggested Process:
> > ------------------------------
> > Phase one
> > ------------------
> > 1) make an initial list of keywords that define the framework (extract
> > these from the framework statment and diagrams  (paola volunteers to
> > do this first step)
> >
> > 2) ask the author of each document on the wiki to extract the keywords
> > from their document/presentation/slides onto the keywords of the
> > framework
> >
> > Phase two
> > --------------------
> > set up discussion as required
> > Merge/evolve the set of keywords using other sets of keywords produced
> > by related efforts
> >
> > Phase three
> > --------------------
> > Produce a working document (deliverable)
> >

> > (c) Launch date - Today! .
> > I do not forsee the need for a 'meeting as such',  but should anyone
> > have anything to discuss or questions that cannot be handled by email
> > they can call a meeting anytime.
> >
> > I am available on skype /blogconthai/ anytime (well before 10 Pm BKK
> > time is good for me,) and on gmail -  I am also happy to work asynch
> > I have opened a chat room on skype for voice and text
> >

>http://ui.skype.com/ui/0/3.2.0.148/en/publicchats-join?skypename=blogconthai&topic=Ontology%20Keywords&blob=CFbslW-yDnKHbko2iKrF5kPFyPi0jyRMgut6Z1x0su_7_2GlBR06wbRBLjsQqd-uOYoHGtI
> >

> > [1], Ken Baclawsaki > is championing a similar exercise for artifacts
> > collected from the
> > > OntologySummit2007_Survey
> > ken - can you share your tags so far?
> >

> > [2] >  ... some coordination between this potential task team and his,
> and,
> > > as previously mentioned, to the OntologTaxoThesaurus project work
> > please Ontotaxo group point to the latest list of tems extracted, at
> > least we can start looking at it?  Shall we continue this thread on
> > the ontologizing list to keep the coordination going?

Paola Di Maio
School of IT
www.mfu.ac.th