Re: [ontolog-forum] entropy

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:04:37 +0700
I see what you mean.    (01)

Until now, we have discussed uncertainty (and risk also fits in here
somehow) as resulting from unknown variables that may affect the
correctness of a model over time, or under a certain condition    (02)

Here uncertainty seems to derive from the difficulty of matching one
construct (the query) which is formed based on a given cognitive model
of the user (what the user does not know and wants to find out) with
the structure of the ontology.    (03)

It is uncertainty but of a different kind. I dont think it would come
under entropy from what I see, then I wonder where would it fit in the
framework.
Probably its a 'user perspective'
I think more a perspective than a dimension perhaps    (04)

what do you think    (05)

PDM    (06)

Paola Di Maio
School of IT