[ontolog-forum] Proceedings: "Database & Ontology" mini-series Session-1

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:21:00 -0700
We had, today, Thursday 12-July-2007, a huge crowd at our 10th
episode of the Ontolog mini-series on "Database and Ontology."
Co-chairs, Dr. Susie Stephens (Eli Lilly) and Dr. Matthew West
(Shell International Petroleum Co) presented our invited speaker,
the renowned Artificial Intelligence Research Scientist, Dr. John
Sowa, who presented a talk on "Analogical Reasoning With and
About Databases and Knowledge Bases."    (01)

Our deepest appreciations to Dr. Sowa, Dr. West and Dr. Stephens
for bringing us this brilliant session. Thanks are due, also to
Arun Majumdar, John's colleague from VivoMind Intelligence, who
did a lot of the technology implementations described in the
talk, and who also join us today and contributed his insights.
And, as always, thanks to all who could join us today; especially
to those who contribution to the wonderful discussion toward the
last segment of the session.    (02)

Proceedings of the session are captured on our wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_07_12    (03)

In particular, full audio recording of the session, as well as
the podcast of it, is now available - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_07_12#nid12B5    (04)

... This contribution from Dr. Sowa and all present today is
adding yet another key piece to the body of knowledge on ontology
and ontological engineering that our community is building
together. Thanks again, everyone!    (05)

Best regards. =ppy    (06)

P.S. Note that the Ontolog community will be presenting a couple
of panels next week (Tue Jul-17 & Wed Jul-18) at the
Collaborative Expedition Workshop #63 (organized by Susan
Turnbull et al.; to be held at NSF, Arlington, VA, USA). Do join
us there, either on-site or remotely. See details at:
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop/TowardsStabilityInInformationSharing_2007_07_17    (07)

... make sure you register for it as described on the session
page, if you are planning to attend.    (08)

Because of the above event, there will be no conference call
during the regular Thursday time slot next week.    (09)

On Thu 26-Jul-2007, Dr. Bob Smith and Dr. Denise Bedford will be
co-chairing another OntologTaxoThesaurus project workshop during
the regular time slot. Please mark your calendars now.    (010)

P.P.S. Watch our [ontolog-invitation] list for further
announcements of Ontolog events that may be of interest, or
browse the listing under the "News & Announcements" section at
our Ontolog WikiHomePage (at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidW ) for
the above and other upcoming events.    (011)

An archive of noteworthy past Ontolog events can be found at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ    (012)

Tx. =ppy
--     (013)

========