Re: [ontolog-forum] quick question re OKBc

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:18:02 +0700
Thanks a lot Pat and all

In the meantime, I located some info, in the book Ontologiical Engineering, Corcho and all 2004, chap 4, it says that Ontolingua Loom and Cycl are OKBC compliant

was this maybe true at some stage, or incorrect or is reality always so tricky

thanks
PDM (facing another ontological question)

quote
In the spring of 1997, the High Performance Knowledge Base program (HPKB)
was started. This research program was sponsored by DARPA and its objective was
to solve many of the problems that usually appear when dealing with large
knowledge bases (concerning efficiency, content creation, integration of the content
available in different systems, etc.). One of the results of this program was the
development of the OKBC (Open Knowledge Base Connectivity) protocol
(Chaudhri et al., 1998). This protocol allows accessing knowledge bases stored in
different Knowledge Representation Systems, which may be based on different KR
paradigms. Of the languages aforementioned Ontolingua, LOOM and CycL are
OKBC compliant.